View Full Version : Shoulder Strap

Alex Chan
July 24th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Do you guys use the shoulder strap? I am not sure if I should attach it because sometime it blocking some button when I shoot and I don't want to take it on and off all the time.

Graham Bernard
July 24th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Still in its wrapper .. I should give it a go .. . .

Alan McCormick
July 24th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I took mine off as it got caught in shot once and ruined it. Have not missed it since.

Federico Dib
July 24th, 2004, 01:22 PM
When doing fiction, or anything I know IŽll be using a tripod, or that IŽll be able to put the cam (and my arm) to rest, I donŽt use it.

But if I do street "tourist" stuff, or even some concerts I know IŽll be moving handheld around for a few hours, I have the strap on. It has never bothered me.

Michael Wisniewski
July 24th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Check out the "Gotcha Wrist Strap (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=118896&is=REG)". It has a buckle so you can quickly disconnect quickly when you put the camera on a tripod. I put a 3 foot leash on mine to make it easier to put down the camera for a sec if I need to use my hands for something else.

But it can be sweaty on a humid New York day; the wrist portion is made of thick neoprene/wet suit material.

Cosmin Rotaru
July 26th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I don't use it. I tried it and found it annoying.
I also don't like the idea of hanging 2500euros over my shoulder, unprotected (I could easely hit it, and the vapors from the body... I don't think thats OK!)
I use the handle. If I know I won't be using it in the next half hour, I put it in the bag.

Graham Bernard
July 26th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Very excellent points Cosmin!

Lloyd Roseblade
July 26th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Used it...hated it....removed it.

Alan McCormick
July 26th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Nice to see you back Lloyd, hope you are still using that XM2 to good use.

Cosmin Rotaru
July 27th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Yes Graham, but I'm still thinking what I could use that strap for. It looks nice with that "canon" written on it! :)

Maybe I could use it to hang my glasses arround my neck! :)