View Full Version : Mounting Senn g-2

Ron Edwards
August 21st, 2004, 11:37 AM
I have a Cannon GL-2. I have ordered a Senn G-2 wireless audio and a Beachtek adaptor. What is the best way to mount the Senn G-2 Evolution to the GL-2?

Thanks in Advance

Miguel Lombana
August 21st, 2004, 03:07 PM
2 choices, I've used each on my 2 GL's...

Option 1- If you're using the WD58 wide adapter you can velcro the receiver to the right flat part behind the lens.

Option 2- Tie wrap the transport control door on the handle closed but leave enough slack that you can slide the tie wrap back to open the door when needed. Place the velcro on that door.

Now RF Wisdom, the majority of RF Energy in the air is vertically polarized and it's no surprize that you will loose a little bit of range by having the receiver laying flat on the handle. The unit will tend to work a little better when the antenna is vertical.

Hope this helps,
Miguel

Bob Harotunian
August 22nd, 2004, 09:18 AM
Like Miguel said, the right side flat area is pefect fro a velcro mount and the top handle works nicely as a second option. We use both positions for dual wireless mic weddings.
Bob

Ron Edwards
August 29th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Surprise Surprise, the G2 Kit included a plastic mount to use with the hot shoe mount. Works perfect. I am designing a different mount to work if the hot shoe mount is not available. Will post later

Miguel Lombana
August 30th, 2004, 12:20 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Ron Edwards : Surprise Surprise, the G2 Kit included a plastic mount to use with the hot shoe mount. Works perfect. I am designing a different mount to work if the hot shoe mount is not available. Will post later -->>>

Ahh you purchased the 2nd gen units, yes they do come with adapters, you unlike me are very lucky, I purchased the last of the 1st gen units in march and they didn't come with the adapter.

Miguel