View Full Version : Vinten head on Bogen video head adapter

Peter Damo
August 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Has anyone used a Vinten head on a Bogen/Manfrotto video head adapter? I need to know if the Bogen adapter takes the thread from the bolt in the Vinten head? Anyone?

Otherwise have you used a Sachtler head with this config?

Chris Soucy
August 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM
He means this particular adapter (no, I'm not phsycic, we've been chatting all arvo).

tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 325N - ADATTATORE PER SFERA (http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/3341)

It obviously works with Manfrotto and we've both seen it used with a Sachtler, but the head to adapter attachment means is a mystery.

If it requires the head bolt to be retained by means of a threaded nut (standard Manfrotto size), and the Sachtler is identical, then anyone with a Vinten is, er, negatively screwed, so to speak.

All input greatfully received.

CS

Peter Damo
August 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I can put this topic to rest now. No, it doesn't fit. : (

However (topics springs back to life suddenly), as this is an ongoing mission I would like to know if anyone has a solution to this
problem. Could there be another fitting out there besides Manfrotto that accommodates the Vinten head?

Sadly I've had to opt for using a non fluid 190C head and probably use it with absolute minimal panning. This can't be the last word surely??!!