View Full Version : GL2 from Ebay

Imad Ottallah
September 14th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I'm new to this site and was wondering if I could get some help?
I just purchased a GL2 off of Ebay. The person I bought it from says he got it in May 2004. If that's true it should still be under Canon's warrenty. Does the warrenty transfer over? Does anyone know how I can find out if the camera is only a few months old? Also, I've been using the Panasonic DVX 100 in class. It's a good camera just expensive. My instructor says the GL2 has no XLR ports which is why we use the Panasonic. I told him about the attachment you can get to allow the use of XLR on the Canon. He told me that if I got the XLR attachment I would have audio problems. Is this true?

Jim McQuaid
September 14th, 2004, 06:57 PM
The XLR adapters are great, no problem. Since the GL2 has manual levels, you will not regret this at all. I use the Studio Pro unit but most folks have the Beachtek.

Jeff Donald
September 14th, 2004, 07:14 PM
The wording on the warranty states that warranties are not transferrable. However, in my experience Canon may repair it if you can produce a receipt for purchase within the one year warranty period.

Imad Ottallah
September 15th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all the help. I just got my GL2 this morning! Everything looks like it's in perfect condition. The seller didn't add the S cable, however, I can always buy a new one. I think they're pretty cheap. I'm going to shoot some footage this weekend to test it out. Is there anything I should be looking for while I test the camera this weekend? I want to make sure I didn't get a lemon.

Thanks,
Imad

Paul Grove
September 19th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Imad - bought a XM2 (GL2) that was 4 months old off EBay. Took it back to Canon UK to sort out the red problem with all the original paperwork, no problems with repairs whatsoever.

Paul.