View Full Version : how long and how many problems?

Alex Beaupre
October 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Hello everyone, i just thought id ask how long all of you have had your GL2s and how many problems you have had with them (and if so what you did to correct it, and if you had to send it in, what your experience was)

i have had my GL2 for about a year now and have had only one problem that required me to have to send it to canon. my speaker distorted on playback (not a big deal, but nice to have fixed) i sent it to canon and had it back about 2.5 weeks later.

thanks for posting your experiences

Alex B.

Graham Bernard
October 10th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hiyah!

Why are you asking?

Bought Nov 2002.

End of year 1 [ Nov 2003 ] went to Canon Garage for :

1/- Pixels on movement

2/- Zoom control on Side Grip

3/- Steady thingie . . .

Took 28 days. Shop wasn't informed it was ready, hence took a bit longer! It went in for an overhaul towards the end of the Warranty.

Zoom issue has returned. Pixels haven't reappeared. The Steady thingie? Well isn't as good as Sony's . .

I hated the camera SO much that I bough another one about 2 weeks ago . . that one isn't misbehaving . .yet! But I guess there is always time . ..

Grazie

Federico Dib
October 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I´ve had mine since june 03. Zoom problem appeared after 8 months.
Took it to Canon and got it back in less than 24 hours. Zoom problem solved and has not come back. Knock on wood.

Alex Beaupre
October 10th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the responses, i just wanted to see if there were any major problems that were pretty much guarnteed to happen to the GL2 (i guess im pretty lucky so far) knock on wood. thanks again.

alex b