View Full Version : Bit quiet. . .

Graham Bernard
October 18th, 2004, 08:23 AM
. . hmmm . . bit quiet around here lately . . ?

No issues?

No problems?

.. .

Grazie

Chris Hurd
October 18th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Interestingly, our GL2 forum is easily the largest on the internet for this camera. Maybe everybody's out shooting!

Graham Bernard
October 18th, 2004, 08:58 AM
"Maybe everybody's out shooting!" . . . very nice Chris . . like it! Put me in my place . . .

But there again we do have the BIGGEST forum . . . must be quiet 'cos we give loads of value advice .. yes?

. . . Grazie

Chris Hurd
October 18th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Yup -- maybe all the questions have been answered! So now we're dealing with a "silent" majority...

Imran Zaidi
October 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Maybe everybody's eagerly awaiting the GL3. Doh- I should've said that in the Area 51 forum. Now I've gone and done it.

Graham Bernard
October 18th, 2004, 09:27 AM
GL3 or XM3 . .surely? . . yeah . . and stop calling me Shirley . . ..

Grazie

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 18th, 2004, 09:55 AM
...but it's got to be black! I don't want silver, or sludgey green - it's go to be black black black!

( err, I feel better now ;-) )

Robin

Jeff Donald
October 18th, 2004, 09:59 AM
It's always like this in the fall. It will start getting busier around the middle to the end of November. This is the lull before the holidays.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Ah, the Fall.
I've always wanted to visit Vermont to see the Fall.
I end up seeing it via webcams on the internet.
I've have this feeling that we're going to have a beautiful Autumn here in the UK this year. Time to get out the Vivaldi again...

Robin

Graham Bernard
October 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Jeff! . . . "This is the lill before the holidays." . . . Haven't had the pleasure of meeting her .. I think?

"Time to get out the Vivaldi again . . . " - Robin's euphormism for getting out his ARRI MATTE BOX . . . which he is gonna leave me . . . I want a MATTE BOX NOW! ! ! !

Grazie . . . . .

Jeff Donald
October 18th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Lill or lull, what's the difference among friends?

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 18th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Grazie babe - you are getting paranoid about matte boxes!!!
All I meant was that a nice bit of Vivaldi on the old sound track would sound a treat with all those shots of golden foliage...
Or Delius, or Albinoni...
(but not Wagner)
Whoever heard of a matte box called Vivaldi...huh!!!

Ciao,

Robin

K. Forman
October 18th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Well... Aside from a dead firewire issue, things have been fine with my trusty GL1. I don't get to use it much, just the occasional job.

And that 1394 issue? It seems my Storm card went belly up. It was RMA'd, and is on it's way back to Canopus to get fixed... I mean REPAIRED ;)

Richard Lewis
October 18th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Grazie, what's this whole thing about the matte box!!?? lol
I'm getting worried, you've been going on about this for ages.

Lets face it, they don't look too good on an ickle XM2.....and that’s all it's for .........isn’t it??...so it looks good. I've got you figured out ... ;)

Graham Bernard
October 18th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Robin, Kieth & Richard, thanks . . . Changed my seating position - chair was too high . ..

Oh and Richard, you've really sussed me - I think this looks really neat:

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v137/robind-r/XM2_with_Arri_matte_box.jpg

It's Robin's . . . .

Grazie

Richard Lewis
October 19th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Grazie, I guess I can see what u mean, but it’s too front heavy IMO.

I tried the same sort of thing with Bronica lens bellows; it looked pretty much identical to that.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 19th, 2004, 12:45 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Richard Lewis :it’s too front heavy IMO. -->>>

Not on a tripod Richard - and even going handheld, the rods allow one to grip the front really well.
No problems whatsoever...

Robin

Graham Bernard
October 19th, 2004, 01:41 PM
So - there we have it! The XM2 works well with a Matte box with rods AND looks kinda sexy too!

. . more than can be said about ManU at Prague at the moment - Ah Richard . . shame . . .

. . .

Robin, how about telling me then about some secondhand camera shops/markets for old stuff . . ?

Grazie

Richard Lewis
October 19th, 2004, 02:33 PM
"more than can be said about ManU at Prague at the moment" lets not make this personal lol

And it "LOOKS" a bit front heavy, the same as when u have your WD58 on.

Come on Man U !!
...ok, it's a very boring match atm....we still got 1 minute left!

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 19th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Let's not get bogged down about the way a camera looks, shall we? Surely it's how they take pictures and record sound that's important...
-though mind you, I'd prefer a dark colour on a camera any day ;-)

Robin.

Graham Bernard
October 19th, 2004, 10:49 PM
This IS the best thread EVER on this Forum . . . probably on the whole of the Internet too!

Robin very funny . .. very funny . . . ;)

Grazie

Robin Davies-Rollinson
October 20th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Well Grazie, you started it ... yeah?
Going on about how quiet it was in XM2 land - remember?
You're right, it is quiet - so quiet you can hear the motor noise on a Canon ;-)

Stay cool my man..

Robin