View Full Version : question about quickstream's capability

Arthur To
November 27th, 2004, 02:47 AM
can i playback on the spot? i know it says i can...... but i got confused - perhaps i needed a laptop or computer?

i mean can i hit some buttons and it plays back on the spot in my camera viewfinder without any third party laptops or computers?

im really deciding between the fs-4 and the quickstream- help me out anyone - pros and cons?

thx
-arthur

Rob Lohman
November 28th, 2004, 06:34 AM
I thought it quite clearly explained it on the main page:New Instant Review! New to the 2nd generation QuickStream DV is the ability to view your last recorded clip directly on your DV camcorder's LCD or monitor! Just hit the new "Review" button on the QuickStream DV's interface and gain the peace of mind in knowing that shot is exactly the way you want it.It clearly states the signal can be seen on your camera's screen
(or viewfinder) and a monitor that might be attached.

However, if you want it more clear the features page says:Instant Review (New for 2nd generation QuickStream DV!) The most requested feature by videographers using the original QuickStream DV was to have the ability to immediately view what was recorded by the QuickStream DV. Introducing the "Review" button. Capture your clips, switch your DV camcorder to VCR/VTR mode, then touch the "Review" button and instantly the last full clip recorded is played back via FireWire from the QuickStream DV directly to your camera's LCD or monitor. Instant Review... Instant peace of mind.source: http://www.mcetech.com/quickstreamdv/features.html

So you switch your camera to VCR mode (and ofcourse it will
accept an incoming firewire signal since that is the way you can
do a print to tape from your NLE!) and hit the review button on
the QuickStream and it will send the just recorded signal back to
the camera (which shows it at that point in time).