View Full Version : Manual exposer in VCR mode?

Brian Knoll
December 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Here's the deal...

I shoot motorcycle videos and I'm having a problem with the automatic exposure. If I was just using the GL-2 there wouldn't be a problem as I could put it in manual mode. My problem is that I use a bullet camera (attached on various places on the motorcycle) and plug it into the input, which functions off of the 'VCR' mode.

If I were to shoot ALL in the sun, or ALL in the shade, there wouldn't be a problem. Obviously motorcycles move and some parts of the road are in the sun and some parts are in the shade. When I ride through a shady area, the nice blue sky washes out and become over-exposed because the camera is trying to adjust.

So... is there a way to go to a manual exposure mode while in the VCR mode... or do you have any suggestions how I can use my bullet cam and keep some kind of constant exposure?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Knoll
December 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Nevermind... (not that anyone replied anyway)... I figured it out.

The DV in is exactly what it says, a VCR. It only records that it sees through the eyes of the CCD that is pluged into it. The flickering due to different light levels is actually caused by the iris on my bullet camera. It has nothing to do with my GL-2.