View Full Version : Gl2 Vegas 5.0 Compatibility Issue?

Chris Moore
December 10th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I am about to buy a canon GL2 for interview work. Are there any compatability issues that i should be concerned of. I have just bought the vegas 5.0 with DVD Arc. software. Will the softwares capture control work. Are there settings on the camera or in the software that need attention?

Graham Bernard
December 10th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Okay, PAL here not the GL2 but the XM2 - I do this work WITH the Vegas DVDA2 setup on my NLE machine . . how does it work? . .. How can I say? .. . It's the Dog's Sphericals! I use it every day and it works. PERIOD. When I first plugged in the XM2 with its f/w to my pc and Vegas .. BOSH! Done! The pc said it had a device connected. When I looked it said a Canon DV camera . .DONE!

I used the XM2 as a deck up and until I got my Panasonic deck. I'd suggest you get a deck asap so not to put too much wear and tear on the XM2. Vegas does have an advanced capture feature that makes the cammie do a lot of searching. Excelent feature and it works - BUT I would avise not to do this full time with your "filming" camcorder .. it is THE most important part of the video chain for a single owner/proprietor of a vid biz - yeah?

So, Vegas and the Canon XM2 work. Getting a separate DV deck is your next consideration .. . failling that, get a cheapo miniDV cammie .. then you got a cammie to take on your holiday too!

Hope this helps?

Grazie

Aaron Ferguson
December 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM
I use Vegas 5.0 with my GL2 as well, and it works without any problems. Just wondering, what model is the Panasonic deck you are using? I'd like to pick one up someday when I have the extra cash!

Graham Bernard
December 10th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Aaron !

Oh this is an oldie, not being made any more . . shame really .. the Pannie NV-DV 10000. It just sits on the rack and steams through the work. BIG mouth for taking BIG DV and miniDV.

Grazie

Ken Tanaka
December 10th, 2004, 11:51 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Graham Bernard : ... It's the Dog's Sphericals! -->>>

That sounds so cosmic, Graham. It could be the name of a constellation or some other astronomic phenomenon.

Graham Bernard
December 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM
LOL! . .. .

Ken Tanaka
December 10th, 2004, 11:55 AM
"Look daddy! I think I can see the left one!"

Graham Bernard
December 10th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Ahhhrgghh stop it?!?!?!?!?