View Full Version : Anyone have the 24P upgrade on the 700 yet?

Ryan Hollings
September 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Just curious;

With the sony rebate I am thinking of getting it done relatively soon, and wondering if anyone has gotten it done?

I am assuming it has to go to sony direct to add it in?

not that it matters, does anyone know if infact it would rest all the camera settings when it is done?

Ryan

Dennis Dillon
September 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Ryan
If your 700 has a serial number below #12453 it needs a board for the upgrades. If not then all you need do do is purchase the upgrades, and Sony will send you a "Key" with instructions to do it yourself. Not hard, but if you have any issues please call the Sony Possie Help line at 800-883-6817 prompt 2/5/2. Basically you add the firmware to a memory card and follow the included instructions.

Dennis Dillon
September 8th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Technical/Operation Issues----P.O.S.C. 1-800-883-6817 press 2,4,1 to access XDCAM operational support.

Ryan Hollings
September 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Ryan
If your 700 has a serial number below #12453 it needs a board for the upgrades. If not then all you need do do is purchase the upgrades, and Sony will send you a "Key" with instructions to do it yourself. Not hard, but if you have any issues please call the Sony Possie Help line at 800-883-6817 prompt 2/5/2. Basically you add the firmware to a memory card and follow the included instructions.

Thanks for the info Dennis,

I assume the "sony" price is the same, whether going the board route, or the key?

Ryan

Dennis Dillon
September 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
To my knowledge, it is the same.

Andy Shipsides
September 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have done many of these upgrades now and it does not reset the camera. However the firmware upgrade to version 1.51 that is required will change some values. Just save your settings to an 'ALL' file before hand to make sure you are in good shape.

The process is fairly simple, though annoying. We do it for many of our customers.

Greg Boston
September 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
IHowever the firmware upgrade to version 1.51 that is required will change some values. Just save your settings to an 'ALL' file before hand to make sure you are in good shape.

Andy, I won't swear this will happen with all situations, but beware that I had an issue where some of my shutter speed selections were missing. I did a 'reset all' which fixed the problem until I reloaded my saved ALL file. The problem was because that ALL file I was loading was saved under an earlier firmware version and was somehow corrupting things when I reloaded it. I ended up having to reset all, manually re-enter all my settings, then re-save the file under the new firmware revision.

Just a heads up...

-gb-