View Full Version : GL-2 to tv?

Grant Wilson
September 7th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Ok, so the GL-2 i bought didnt come with any cables, so i went out and bought a generic 3.5 to rca cord...

its not working though. i cant get video or audio out of it. Do i need the Canon Specific cord?

David Ennis
September 7th, 2009, 08:18 AM
The A/V out jack on most camcorders is a four-contact jack requiring a four-contact plug. Presumably that's what you have, but the contacts are in the wrong place. That happened to me. I bought several on eBay and had to rewire them. If you're at all handy, you can do that with a soldering iron, using a multimeter or other device to indicate continuity to match cable tips to plug sections.

The GL2 plug's tip is left channel audio, the next section in is video, then ground (common to all three RCA outer contacts), then the base of the plug is right channel audio.

Grant Wilson
September 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
yep, ill order the canon one. im handy, but dont have the time to do it. cheaper to just order the cable. just wanted to make sure i wasnt crazy!

Grant Wilson
September 7th, 2009, 02:59 PM
yep, ill order the canon one. im handy, but dont have the time to do it. cheaper to just order the cable. just wanted to make sure i wasnt crazy!