View Full Version : RE: Buying GL2 (Need Advice)

Steve Anderson
January 20th, 2005, 03:49 PM
My other thread was closed on this subject but I took Ken Tanaka's good advice and purchased from a DVi sponsor.
I went ahead and purchased my GL2 from ZOTZ Digital (zotzdigital.com) They were very professional and a certified Canon dealer a good buying experience. The price was about the same as B&H I mainly bought from ZOTZ cause they’re fairly close to home and about one third the wait time for UPS delivery.
I love the fast 20x lens and the handy manual controls amongst a host of other things. Some of my Sony friends said I might be sorry not getting the VX2100 better low light. I’ll admit I was a little concerned about low light performance of the GL2 but it’s been fine for what I do anyway a small light could be added if the need arises - very simple. With the $250.00 rebate on the Canon there was about a $400.00 plus difference in price I couldn’t justify for slightly better low light performance.
Hope I don’t sound to much like a commercial but GL2 is a big upgrade for me guess I’m just excited about it.
Once again thanks for your helpful suggestion.
Steve

Ken Tanaka
January 20th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Good for you, Steve. I know that you'll enjoy exploring and using the GL2. It's really a terrific piece of gear at a very good price.