View Full Version : Quicktime component for Everio compatible with Snow Leopard?

Andy Davidson
September 12th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I just installed the quicktime component for Everio on my Mac Mini running OS X 10.6 however when I try to download any video from my camera to imove i just get a blue screen, and no video download, although the clock seems to be in sync with the clock on the Everio Camera, so it must be communicating?

Any help please?

I'm a recent switcher from PC and used to have no problems downloading video from my cam to Windoze.

Regards
Andy

Adrian Vargas
September 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
The quicktime component is pooched. You are better off copying files (HD camera?) and converting using MPEG Streamclip to AIC.

Andy Davidson
September 14th, 2009, 12:37 AM
so I downloaded MPEG stream clip, and when I play one of the .TOD files from my evrio I still don't get any video or audio?

Adrian Vargas
September 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
You still need the MPEG-2 component for Quicktime - you need a file called QuickTimeMPEG2.component under "System/Library/Quicktime". While Snow Leopard got rid of it, I re-installed it and it worked like a charm with the Quicktime X and MPEG Streamclip.

You can get it directly from the apple store:

QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component for Mac OS X - Apple Store (U.S.) (http://store.apple.com/us/product/D2187Z/A?mco=ODAyMTU5NA)

I hope this helps.