View Full Version : FCP HD "High Noon" ?

Boyd Ostroff
March 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
This has aroused my curiosity a bit... I just upgraded to FCP HD 4.5, and on the Apple Store invoice the product is designated as HIGH NOON UPGRADE FROM FC PRO-I. Searching around Apple's site and also with Google didn't come up with any reference to "high noon"...

Yeah, I know it would have been better to wait until NAB for the upgrade, but I have a big project that can't wait that long, and I didn't want to deal with FCP 3's very limited RT capabilities on my new G5 :-)

Now the name "High Noon" conjures up images of an impending shoot out...

Rhett Allen
March 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
hmmmmm, I'm your huckleberry...

It does make one wonder. What a strange thing to label it as. It is also nice to know that sometimes when Apple places an upgrade very close to your purchase date you can get a free upgrade. However when I bought DVDSP2, they released DVDSP3 about a month later and only made the free upgrade for purchases made within 2 weeks! Kind'a chapped my but!

Boyd Ostroff
March 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Someone else pointed me to an article at "Think Secret" where they speculated that the code name for FCP 5 was "Stagecoach." That's pretty funny from a film history standpoint - High Noon was made in 1952 and Stagecoach dates back to 1939! ;-)

Dave Perry
March 22nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Does FCP have any "Easter Eggs"? It would be neat to see if it's related to their code names.

Shane Ross
March 23rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
No easter eggs.

Except for Bruce the Yak.