View Full Version : Lens hood similar to Sony's PD170/VX2100

Blaine Covington
March 23rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Does anyone make a lens hood with a built in lens cap (like the one that comes on the Sony Cameras) to fit the GL2?

Would the Sony Hood fit on the GL2?

If not would there be a better solution that would eliminate a clip on lens cap. That thing drives me absolutely nuts!

Thanks

Graham Bernard
March 24th, 2005, 12:48 AM
AH yes! This will be the, "while-gripping-the-tiny-tabs-and-reaching-inside-and-squashing-the-little-tabs-so-that-you-can-then-release-once-you-located-the-threads-and-if-not-it-drops-out-and-then-you-get-to-start-all-over-and-repeat-the-game" Thang! - Now why on Earth would you want a solution for this? You'd miss out on all that fun and frustration? - HAH! Sony people just don't know they are born! All they get to do is clip it on the outside edge of the cover - and it's done!?! Now what kind of fun is that - eh?

No, I don't know of one .. but when you "track" one down, please tell me!

Grazie

Robin Davies-Rollinson
March 24th, 2005, 03:11 AM
It gets better than that Grazie - all we have to do is push a little lever and two little blinds (the lens cover) open up and reveal the superb Carl Zeiss lens.
Lens caps? - a thing of the past...

Robin (wearing FX1 hat) ;-)

Graham Bernard
March 24th, 2005, 03:16 AM
OK! Robin . . ( Grazie ROLLS up sleeves ) JUST when I was about to forgive you for having that GREAT MATTE box . .'cos I bought the Kestrel . . you NOW come back with your advance onto FX1! AND their natty front blind thingy. JEALOUS - moi? . . You betcha!

Grazie

PS: Wales did well! Smashing rugga - the truly boootifukl game played by Welsh Wizards!