View Full Version : Need help, AGAIN!

Eric Eugenio
March 25th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks for all responses. I totally forgot how to record from FCP to camera. I'm using print to video but the video being recorded back on to dv doesn't appear on the LCD screen of the camera. Help please. I greatly appreciate your responses.

Boyd Ostroff
March 25th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Choose Help > Final Cut Pro HD Help from the menu inside FCP. This gives you access to the entire user manual. See Volume I > III Output for a full explanation of how you need to set things up. Of course, the printed manual are good for this too :-)

After trying this if you're still having trouble then post back with some more specific questions.

Shane Ross
March 25th, 2005, 01:38 PM
hane's Stock Answer #8:

If for some reason you can't view your timeline on your external monitor, there are a few things to try:

1) Make sure that the camera/deck is connected and powered on BEFORE you open FCP.

2) In the FILE menu select AUDIO/VIDEO Preferences and make sure your signal is being sent out thru Firewire DV.

3) Go to the menu and select VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES.

4) Go to VIEW->refresh A/V devices

5) Make sure the Log & Capture window is closed

If you want it to play in both the canvas and the external monitor you need to go to the FINAL CUT PRO menu and select AUDIO/VIDIO settings and make sure MIRROR ON DESKTOP is selected under the PLAYBACK OUTPUT section

For all the stock answers, click on this link:
http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?50@941.OTrRaOS9SEl.0@.68a3b883