View Full Version : Panasonic WJ-AVE5 Switcher

Ron Edwards
April 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM
When I connect a video camera to the EXT. Camera In connection of this switcher I get a very bad B/W picture. The "Key Level" slider must be in the middle posistion, if it is moved full up or down then I don't get any picture at all. No other cameras are connected. I have the EXT CAMERA selected in the "SUPERIMPOSE EFFECT" bank of switches turn on.

If anyone has a manual for this switcher...please let me know.

Thanks!
Ron

Mike Cavanaugh
April 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Are you using s-video outputs from the camera? If so, it might be that the chromanance portion of the signal is not getting cleanly to the mixer resulting a bad B&W signal. Check the cables/connectors/jacks. If using s-video cables, the tiny pins are really easy to damage.

Ron Edwards
April 12th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I have used the s-video connection and the yellow rca connection with the same results.

Ed Liew
April 12th, 2005, 06:21 PM
hi ron,
there is nothing wrong with your set or the cable. the ext camera input is for lumma key. you print a b/w text, position it in front of the camera, adjust the correct value and you have a title key.
as for the operation manual, i have lost mine long time ago. i did a google search earlier and found this link http://www.manualscenter.com/allProd.php?page_id=58&subpage_id=120 maybe you'll have better luck than me, i was looking for the panasonic wve-550 camera operation manual but no luck.
good luck.

ed