View Full Version : GL2 as Second Angle Cam

Eric Holloway
April 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hello, I use my XL1S as my main wedding cam and I'm looking for another cam for angle 2 for the ceremony. I read it's not so great in low light so I'm curious how it will mix in post with my XL1S footage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hank Freeman
April 14th, 2005, 07:32 PM
i've got an xl2 and bunch of GL2s and 1s. I'd say that unless your videoing a wedding in the dark, you're safe.

Mike Cavanaugh
April 15th, 2005, 06:59 AM
I just DP'd a 3 camera shoot using one XL-1s and two GL-2s. They matched very well. If you can, set them up in a controlled space with even lighting and something colorful (I use a printed color bar chart) and tweak the custom settings on the GL-2 to make it match the XL-1s. If you can run them through a professional monitor with an A/B switch - you can get them really close.

Alan McCormick
April 17th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Mike,

I shoot regularly as second Cam (XM2) to three other videographers who have the XL1/XL1. They have no problems editing with the 2 but as previously stated and prefer the XM2 to a non Canon.
-----------
set them up in a controlled space with even lighting and something colorful (I use a printed color bar chart) and tweak the custom settings on the GL-2 to make it match the XL-1s
-----------
by doing the above you will save yourself oodles of time in post but will still have to colour correct to suit your editing style so hope you have a good NLE.