View Full Version : I Love the new look

Alexis Vazquez
April 17th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Congrats DVInfo, This new look is awsome. Very Professional!

Alexis

Steven Gotz
April 17th, 2005, 04:25 PM
It took me a while to make it wider for larger screens like before. Instead of one thread per line when I asked for new posts, many topics take up 3 or more lines.

The options at the bottom of the page allow you to make it wider.

So, if you had not noticed, perhaps this will help.

Glenn Chan
April 17th, 2005, 04:37 PM
That's a great tip Steven.

Bob Costa
April 17th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Well, I do not like the new look. It is too bright and hard on my eyes. Secondary forums do not stand out at all. It also does not use screen space as well. JMO. Somebody had to be first to say "Ughhhh". :)

Chris Hurd
April 17th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Hang in there John,

The current look is only one of what will be several options, including a classic "old school DV Info" skin which you can set as a default. I just need some time to make it happen; pretty busy here in Las Vegas with NAB at the moment.

Evan C. King
April 17th, 2005, 08:28 PM
i like this new layout but I miss the old colors, white it just too bright.

Bankim Jain
April 18th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Classic is Classic I want the option back ... i know it will take time but surely will make me happy again. this new look is surely looking cool but the PRO looks it surely does makes the kids on the block happy.

It is not easy to locate the tabs & buttons now as for last so many momths I have been used to the old looks & i literally remembered what switch is where I never had to sort of look around as i have to do it now.

And frankly no one would come to this site merely ofr its looks every one has been & will futher come to gain out from this huge data knowledge bank. SO pls give back the classic look ASAP.

This new White colour is just tooooooo bright I have to tilt my laptop screen in a way to reduce glare. Nothing aginst the sire owner but this new theme just sucks. it durely needs change in terms of colour schemeor best give us the OLD one we will manage somehow in that only.

The email notfication tabs is replaced by a list of fancy choices every one wants to save time where as here one has to go thru the list select and then go further. the previous check box was the best time saving feature. Give us that back too.

:o)

Jesse Bekas
April 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I think the upgrade is great and like everything just the way it is, Chris. Great job!

Mike Teutsch
April 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
Chris,

Looking better to me all the time, and getting used to it. More functional for sure! How about putting who is signed on back on top though? Thanks for your hard work.

Mike

Chris Hurd
April 23rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks Mike,

Among a long list of many tweaks yet to be done, putting the "who's online" back on top is certainly one of them. We'll have a classic retro look available as well. Thanks again,