View Full Version : Anyone getting blank screens when playing back .movs with QT7?

Aaron Koolen
May 2nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Hi guys. I just updated to QT7 and I've since been noticing that often when I play a mov (Streaming from the net mainly) that it plays, with audio but I get no video. If I grab the timeline cursor and scrub a little, video appears and then I can usually play OK when I let go. It's getting really annoying! Anyone had the same problem? Have a fix?

Cheers
Aaron

Ed Liew
May 2nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
most likely the file were encoded with a new version. try updating it with the latest version.

ed

Mark Sloan
May 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Any chance you have DiVX codecs installed? Supposedly they can cause a conflict with some videos in odd ways. Most likely NOT your issue though. Take a look at your settings in QT as well to make sure your connection settings are realistic for your internet connection.

Aaron Koolen
May 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks Mark. I don't think I have a DivX codec on this machine, no. I just checked my Quicktime settings and they were for "Automatic" so I'll change those to something specific and see how I go.

Cheers
Aaron

Nawaf Alali
May 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
this happened to me when trying to play a movie located on the harddisk, using QT 6.5! I get a black screen (but i can hear the sound). The picture will reappear after scrubbing the timeline.
I didn't spend much time to solve this problem, coz I rarely play movies directly from QuickTIme player.