View Full Version : FCP 5 - Today?!!

Kaspar Stromme
May 16th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if FCP5 has been released? (May 15 was announced date during NAB) Apple website still says 4-6 weeks delivery..

Boyd Ostroff
May 16th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it always seems to be "4 to 6 weeks" away. I don't know what they verbally promised at NAB, but I haven't seen any actual shipp date mentioned elsewhere.

Bryan McCullough
May 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
The Apple stores say they're supposed to get them in tomorrow, but you never know.

Craig Terott
May 16th, 2005, 12:11 PM
It's comforting knowing that there are is always a bleeding-edge customer base willing to beta the first release.

Kaspar Stromme
May 16th, 2005, 12:26 PM
It's comforting knowing that there are is always a bleeding-edge customer base willing to beta the first release.

:) That's me alright.. just shot 10 hours of HDV for a project, 5 minute preview due June 1, with 60 min piece due later in the summer. I would like to dump everything to disc ASAP, and only once, hopefully into FCP 5. Those tapes are fragile enough as it is.

Bryan McCullough
May 16th, 2005, 01:15 PM
You've got that right.

I didn't spend a buttload of cash on a first generation HDV camera to not spend more on an HDV editor the second it's available. :D

Christopher C. Murphy
May 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I've been waiting almost 3 years for HDV in Final Cut Pro....so, yeah I wanted it YESTERDAY. Also, it ain't beta when you pay for it...it's a full release. Whether there are bugs or not...who knows...all software has bugs.

Final Cut Studio is something a lot of HDV'ers have been waiting for..

Craig Terott
May 16th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Also, it ain't beta when you pay for it...it's a full release.

Really? Have you never envisioned a senario whereby design team tells management "it's not quite ready-all you have to do is look at this punchlist" and management says "ready or not."

True, all software has bugs - some are just a nuisance and some can eat you alive. When I install it there will be 25 meg worth of fixes waiting for me. :P