View Full Version : Mac memory

Ken Hudson
May 23rd, 2005, 07:23 PM
I am using a G4 1.25 dual processors, 120 gig HD with 250 external HD and 1.5 gig of memory. All things are equal as far as the type of projects I am working on but all of a sudden the firewire connection which goes to a TV monitor through a Canopus advc 100 will not play as I view the timeline during editing. This is a new problem having done this many times before with no problems. I got one low memory message a week ago and then nothing else and no problems except when I open FCE I now have to "open" the projects manually, they used to already be there. I suspect I have a memory problem. How can I clear this up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave Perry
May 24th, 2005, 06:39 AM
You more than likely have a corrupt preferences file. Read one of the sticky posts at the begining of this forum for help clearing it up.

Nicholi Brossia
May 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Another option may be to reset the firewire bus by shutting down and completely unplugging the computer's power cable for 10 minutes. This is another common issue that has an easy fix, but makes for big headaches if you don't know what's going on.

Ken Hudson
May 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks Guys, Did all of this and everything is back to normal.