View Full Version : Can someone IDENTIFY this camera?

Bryan Mitchell
May 30th, 2005, 11:34 AM
http://transcendentfilms.com/misc/camerapic1.jpg
http://transcendentfilms.com/misc/camerapic2.jpg

Please excuse the "bird" in the last picture. (It's there to prove that this person took the picture). Someone sent me these photos claiming it was an HD Prototype camera that could shoot in 720p.

Does anyone know what model of camera it is, and if it shoots in 720p, or if Sony is coming out with a camera in the range of $5000 that can SHOOT in 720p?

Thanks,
Bryan

Mathieu Ghekiere
May 30th, 2005, 11:54 AM
It's just the Sony FX1 (or the Z1, but I think it's the FX1).
Or am I wrong?

Robin Davies-Rollinson
May 30th, 2005, 12:03 PM
FX1 -
The Z1 would have a built-in mic holder attached to the viewfinder....
And it would be black...
And I'm looking at my FX1 right now...

Robin

Bryan Mitchell
May 30th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hmm... they claimed it was a prototype based on the FX1... How much bs is that, or is it possible? It basically evolved out of someone claiming they had a $5000 camera that shot in 720p... then when someone said there was no such thing, they said they got it free from the manufacture, and it was a prototype. Thoughts?

Steven Gotz
May 30th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Thoughts?

They are pulling your leg.

Bryan Mitchell
May 30th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Here is what they wrote:

"You ask for justification, i give it. you call me a liar, i prove you wrong. You try to trip me up, but fail. And then you boast that i will not show you a picture of it, i do so and now more excuses. "

So.... they are sticking to their lies. He's a real big pain in the neck on the forms I go to. (IMDB Shop Talk Directors). It's hard to tell if he's a troll, or if he's one of the most messed up individuals alive. :-/

I put him on ignore, so I guess either way -

Steven Gotz
May 30th, 2005, 11:13 PM
There is a slight difference in the printing on the first picture in the last line under Handycam. I can not read it. My guess is that it is the FX1, but the European version. It is a bit more text than my US version.

Bryan Mitchell
May 30th, 2005, 11:20 PM
He does live in Australia...

I think he's full of it, but it would be nice to get some hard evidence to prove him wrong... just to shut him up... keep him from bothering other posters... but I do have him on ignore now. Just trying to wrap up the "Case of the Fake 720p Camera"

Jason Brunner
May 31st, 2005, 08:56 AM
Of course it's true, can't you see that Sony would totally leak something like this to some random guy in Australia and then send him a prototype camera for free, so he could take bad pictures of it in his bedroom complete with his obscene gesture? It's just good marketing.

Bryan Mitchell
June 1st, 2005, 01:39 AM
Hahahahhahahhahahahhahahhhahahahhah