View Full Version : The Ultimate Filmmaking Bundle, any good?

Jason Gurwin
June 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Well I'm stuck at home this summer after a couple of TV internships fell through. I want to actually accomplish something, so I thought about buying this DVD set. Is it any good? Is it sold anywhere else cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006AZ4PA/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/103-7040304-3451820

Any other suggestions for good TV production/Filmmaking Books and DVDs would be appreciated.

Also, I'm looking for a good After Effects DVD tutorial.

Thanks

Bryan McCullough
June 10th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I don't know anything about the set you linked to, but the best After Effects training out there (IMO) is from Total Training.

Jason Gurwin
June 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I don't know anything about the set you linked to, but the best After Effects training out there (IMO) is from Total Training.

I can get the academic discount so the price between the standard and professional versions is only $60. Is it worth it to get the professional one?

Bryan McCullough
June 12th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I can get the academic discount so the price between the standard and professional versions is only $60. Is it worth it to get the professional one?
They match the AE version you have, if you have AE Pro get the Pro training.

The pro version is an additional disk in the training, not a bad thing to have but not really useful unless you've got AE Pro. It'll probably just make you want AE Pro. ;)