View Full Version : Clear Scan

Dale Guthormsen
June 18th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Recently in my class a students film required showing a person in front of a computer moniter. I told him, no problem as my gl2 could adjust to that. Try as I may i could not get the clear scan out of the purple mode, not available. it was pretty frustrating. We shot his film regardless and it was alright, but you could definitely see the bars flashing by. In the end the effect of him losing control of his computer was not lost, but it would have been better as the student had planned, to show it clear and then lose control.
can someone clue me into to how to properly enable the clear scan??

The best always

Dale Guthormsen

Chris Hurd
June 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Dale,

Carefully follow the procedure as outlined on page 86 of the GL2 operator's manual:

1. Set the recording program to Tv or MANUAL.
2. Pull the EXP dial down until CS appears in the display.
3. Open the menu and select CAM. SET UP.
4. Select CLEAR SCAN and adjust the frequency so that no black bands appear in the display. You can select between 120 frequencies between 60.5Hz and 201.5Hz.
5. Close the menu.

Dale Guthormsen
June 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Chris,

I have spent a lot of tie going over the instruction book.

1. I put camera into manual mode
2. I open the menu
3. Select camera set up with rear dial
4. I scroll past ae shift (in purple)
5. I get to clear scan and it to is in purple
6. it can not be enabled

That is to the letters of the manual.

I wonder if something else has to be disabled to allow the clear sacn to be enabled!!!

Sincerely disabled,

dale
Any ideas???

Harry Marr
June 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
i had a problem with this too - but after reading up on it i realised what i was doing wrong. The stage which tells you to keep going down on the exp dial i didn't properly understand. when camera is in correct mode, you have to keep changing the shutter speed with the exp. dial until it says "cs". Then it is active in the menu. Hope this helps!

Harry

Dale Guthormsen
June 25th, 2005, 09:53 PM
harry,

That was all the info I needed!! I got the clear scan to function and tried it on my computer monitor and I reduced the movement to the point it was more like a shadow crossing the screen. I did not spend a lot of time about it, but I do know how to get it now. thank you ever so much!!
Guess I just did not push the exp dial far enough because I thought it would come right up and all I got were shutter speeds..

Dale Guthormsen