View Full Version : convert ICOD to PC-friendly codec

Ali Jafri
October 30th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Hi there,

I have a rather urgent need to transcode an MOV file with the icod codec to something that I can view on the PC. I don't have an apple computer so can't even view the video, let alone transcode it. Any help with this would be most appreciated.

For reference I am attaching an excerpt of the file. Also, I am attaching the Gspot screen that lists the specifics of this particular file. You might find that helpful.

Thanks!

Andy Mees
October 30th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Well "icod" is the fourcc identifier for the Apple Intermediate Codec ... this can only be decoded/transcoded on a Mac, at least there is no PC decoder that I know of. That being the case then you need to either ask for the original source footage and recapture it onto your PC in a format that you can work with, or provide the file to someone with a Mac and have them convert it to a more PC friendly format for you.

Best
Andy

Perrone Ford
October 30th, 2009, 07:34 AM
AIC is a no go on the PC. No way, no how. Been there, done that. Get someone with a Mac and FCP or Quicktime Pro to convert it to nearly ANYTHING else and you'll be fine.

Ali Jafri
October 30th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to back down from having anything to do with that file.