View Full Version : Organization for multiple DVDs in DVDSP projects?

Dan Foster
October 30th, 2009, 11:18 AM
With FCS3, I'm curious how you would handle multi-disc NTSC 4:3 SD DVD projects in DVDSP?

E.g. a long movie that spans two or three discs. Do you have to set it up as separate projects, or is there some way of setting it up as a single large project but doing defined breaks? I suspect the odds are likely that I'm probably looking at a multi-project endeavour but still holding out hope there might be some nifty trick.

William Hohauser
October 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
The difference is between a dual-layer disc and a multiple disc project. DVDSP can make dual-layer discs (8.5gBs) but multiple discs require separate projects. Not that hard to organize.

Dan Foster
November 5th, 2009, 12:04 AM
That's true. I did briefly consider a dual layer disc but thought I'd read somewhere the best overall compatibility with various mass market players, including older ones -- e.g. first and second gen players, would be a single layer DVD-R DVD-5 disc if doing a duplication run.

Given nature of the special project (one-off, really, and a small enough quantity that replication would be cost-prohibitive), aiming for maximum compatibility within the overall project constraints.

Points well taken, though, and much appreciated. Thanks!