View Full Version : Adjusting levels in FCP sent to Soundtrack

Pete Cofrancesco
October 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I need a little help understanding the process of sending a video clip from FCP to Soundtrack. After I'm done and saved, it asked if I wanted it as a reference file or not. When I went back to FCP it had not made the edits to the clip but instead made the changes to a separate wav file. When I played this file it was blank. Looks as if this sending to Soundtrack is a buggy process.

Mike Barber
October 31st, 2009, 11:41 AM
More likely user error. Can you give us a more explicit step-by-step of the process you are using, including details of your media format?

Pete Cofrancesco
October 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM
The error must have been a freak thing that I attribute to snow leopard or saving/quiting before it was fully ready. I tried it again and it worked fine. But I have these questions:

1. I found Compressor effect works well to increase the levels but is there any way to apply it to sections without having to dig through the menu every time? Short cut key combo or add it to the toolbar?

2. I also haven't found an easy way to copy a piece of one channel over another.

3. Sending to Soundtrack creates a separate audio file. Is the a way to combine it back into the video file without recompressing the video?