View Full Version : FCP7 treating DVX letterbox as anamorphic

Dave Findley
November 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Just started using FCP7, and its treating my DVX letterbox footage as anamorphic and squeezing it in a standard 720 x 480 seq timeline. Did a test with DVX in normal mode, no letterbox, and FCP7 treated it just fine, so don't know what's happening here. Anyone got any ideas, and/or remedies to fix the anamorphic smack down I'm getting now? Thanks.

Tim Dashwood
November 3rd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Do you have a DVX100 original, A or B? Did you record in letterbox or squeeze? FCP has always been quirky detecting the anamorphic flag of DV.

You can manually turn anamorphic on and off from the anamorphic column in the bin. If you select multiple clips you can right-click in the column and change them all at once.

Dave Findley
November 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
It's a DVX 100B. Problem is if I turn anamorphic off, it squeezes the footage even more. Didn't have this problem with my old copy of FCP, 5.1.4, so all I can figure is that FCP7 is somehow reading the letterboxed footage as anamorphic. If I go to the viewer and canvas and unclick "correct for aspect ratio," so that setting is not checked, then the footage looks right, but when I output back to tape, its still squeezed. Trying to fix it in Mpeg streamclip right now, any ideas welcome.