View Full Version : More GL2 Parade Stills

Bill Hardy
October 31st, 2002, 06:35 AM
Learned one morning the Tennessee State University Football parade was beginning outside the front door of where I was staying the weekend. I grabbed the GL in haste, not realizing it was in CP mode and set up for night shooting (GROAN), which was 1 step lower sharpness among other things. The video still looked pretty good however. I may post a short movie of how well the tripod worked as a stabilizer for the cam later. I left the Steadytracker home (GROAN, GROAN) as I didn't know there would be a parade. I had gone there for a church members funeral.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum29.html

Frank Granovski
November 2nd, 2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks, Buddy. You're a good photographer.

John Locke
November 2nd, 2002, 03:45 AM
Ditto, buddy. Thanks for sharing. My favorite shot is a tie between the tuba players and the little girl with the serious expression in the yellow pirates cheerleading outfit.

Bill Hardy
November 2nd, 2002, 06:28 AM
I appreciate the comments! It was a lot of fun running thru police lines and all thru the parade...but very carefull not to interfere with the parade's progress. The odd fact is I didn't notice any other shooters; maybe they were forced to stay on the sidelines with their consumer cams. Of course where a GL2 can be your ticket into some things, other organizations may frown on professional looking cams.

Frank Granovski
November 2nd, 2002, 06:56 AM
Get yourself a matt box, a Beachtek and a Sennheiser ME66/K6 - then the cops will think you're a TV guy. That'll get you through the lines.