View Full Version : Modifying speed of clips and rendering problem

Russ Gutshall
January 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Greetings,

Trying this thread here -- I have some extended (lengthy) clips of a slow moving tundra avalanche that I have dropped on the timeline - totals to about 6 hours. My goal is to cut it down to about 30 minutes by modifying clip(s) speed. I have modified (increased speed) of the clips anywhere from 1500% to 6000% - and they appear to play just fine on the non-rendered timeline. I want to render out in both QT and Flash - to post on YouTube, etc.

BUT - when I hit the render function - and the rainbow progression wheel starts to spin - it does just that - it spins, and spins, and spins, etc. No render progression window appears and the wheel just spins, and spins, etc. I have to hard quit FC Pro 6.06 version - and I have yet to figure out what is going on - not that I am a pro at this stuff.

I have a MacPro dual core 3.0Ghz - 10gb ram - XT1900 video card - and FC Pro 6.06. Any body got some ideas and some workflow corrections or suggestions for me ? Would appreciate any help !

Eric Dyer
January 19th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Is your scratch disc on the same drive as your raw media? Try rendering to an alternate drive and see if that helps. Or cut up your master sequence into sub-sequences and render those out separately, assemble them when done.