View Full Version : stereo3d toolbox right eye import is always zoomed

Mathieu Tremblay
February 25th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone who can help,

I got this issue with Stereo3d toolbox when i import my right eye clip, it's always import zoomed, i talk with Tim Dashwood about it and here what we tried:
first he think it was maybe an interlacesd footage and i have to change the field dominance to ''none'' ----(everything is at ''none'')

My 2 clips are 1280X720, with no compression, 16-bit integer 24 FPS .mov

then he told me about the Quartz composer patches they can interrupt the proper operation and i remove it but nothing change.

so i ask you if these's someone who have some answer, i appreciate

Tim Dashwood
February 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hi Mathieu

I've been trying to recreate your issue here with 1280x720 24p HDV footage and I cannot.

In fact the footage I used in all the tutorials is all 1280x720p24 HDV from two JVC HD100s.

My only other suggestions are to make sure your sequence settings perfectly match your source clips. Also confirm that your sequence is set for progressive.

Try making a new sequence, drag a clip in and if it asks you to match the sequence setting then say "yes." If you are still having issues can you send me a couple short samples of each eye for testing?

Tim Dashwood
February 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
So I figured out that Mathieu's Quicktimes had no codec (read as "none") because they were uncompressed. When I re-encoded them to an actual codec like ProRes422 they processed fine through the filter.

Bruce Schultz
February 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Tim, If one is processing several clips with your very easy to use 3D Stereo Toolbox, what is the process for not having to constantly replace the image well shot from clip to clip? In other words, if I have clips 1, 2, 3 on the timeline and I set up clip 1 with Left 1 and Right 1, when I go to clip 2 and start to set that clip up with Left 2 and Right 2, the image well still has the Right 1 clip in it and I have to delete it (rt click) and then drag the right clip 2 into it. If I then go back to view clip 1, the right 2 is now in the well, etc, etc.

I'm sure I'm not doing something right, probably has to do with dragging your effect from the effects tab, but I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I'm guessing at this point that every clip requires it's own sequence.