View Full Version : canon service center

Shawn D. Caple
March 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Good day,

I work for a company that is seeking an alternative to the Canon Service Center in Jamesburg, NJ. Service has been lackluster and uncooperative and we are seeking another repair center for our 6 Canon GL2s.

Thank you all in advance.

Chris Hurd
March 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
You might try the Canon factory service center in Irvine, CA.

Canon USA
Attn: Video Service
15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618-3616
tel: 949-753-4200

Shawn D. Caple
March 3rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Thank you.

Do smaller companies still exist that do these kinds of repairs? Are the days of the TV repairman over?

Chris Soucy
March 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Just no money in it anymore.

When you can buy a direct replacement for just about any consumer piece of electronics for less than the cost of time & materials for repair, that's it, game over.

Add to that that many of the units are simply not engineered to allow them to be repaired, and it's left the repairman an endangered species.

If your company isn't big enough to have your own maintenance/ repair staff, you're basically left with the manufacturers support, which can be pretty damn iffy, as you have discovered.

Of the five electronic goods repair shops in my adopted small (< 50,000) home town of the early/ mid 90's, there's only one left in business and it's struggling.

And yes, the one I worked for would take on things like fixing/ servicing camcorders, not many would.

CS