View Full Version : Live Feed Help

Stanley Griffin
March 14th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I would like to set up my XL1S as a live feed camera direct to a monitor/tv. The camera will be static on a tripod focused on center stage. The monitor/tv will be at stage sides.

What is the simplest effective setup to accomplish this? Of course, I do need both audio and video.

Many thanks.

Edward Carlson
March 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
If it's just direct into one monitor, then use long RCA or BNC cables, like this: HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10241&cs_id=1024101&p_id=2181&seq=1&format=2)
If you are feeding multiple monitors, you might need a distribution amplifier so you don't get signal loss.

Stanley Griffin
March 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks.

The run is only about 40 feet so would an S cable do the job for one monitor.

Edward Carlson
March 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yea, an S-video cable would probably work, but you would still need 2 RCA cables for the audio.

Stanley Griffin
March 14th, 2010, 01:31 PM
OK Thanks.

Don Palomaki
March 21st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Not that you will need to turn the display off to avoid the no tape and time code nags. Yyou could run tape in the camcorder to record the proceedings, but then you need to change tapes if the event runs longer than one tape.