View Full Version : Adjusted the color setting and sharpness on the cam and wallllaaa!!

Kren Barnes
April 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Really surprised how the color turned out..my guess is part of it was that the venue was well lit with tons of blueish flourescent light.. after i graded with a basic "film effect" with Magic Bullet ..i was really happy with the color..

Fatima 1st B-day on Vimeo

Chris Harding
April 24th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Hi Kren

Nice skin tones!! You got it just perfect!!! Love the interesting camera angles too!!

Just for interest, are the pans in the beginning handheld or on a glidetrack????

Great job!!

Chris

Kren Barnes
April 25th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks Chris.. the pans are handheld..

Ed Sharpe
May 10th, 2010, 03:01 AM
educate me on the sharpness setting. had not heard about that...

nice video and yea great handhelds

Kren Barnes
May 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks for watching Ed.. the sharpness and color options are located on the in-camera menu options.....
Hope this helps..

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com (http://www.verticalvideoworks.com)

Ed Sharpe
May 13th, 2010, 11:28 PM
are you saying it comes from the factory set... NOT sharp? that is odd

Ed Sharpe
May 13th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I love the way you have worked the fast motion in with regular speed!

Adam Gold
May 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
are you saying it comes from the factory set... NOT sharp? that is oddNo, the factory settings are to not add any artificial sharpness enhancement. The defaults are as sharp as it gets, but you can add fake sharpness by adjusting the settings. Basically all it does is add a black line on to anything it thinks is supposed to be an edge.

Kren Barnes
May 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM
thanks Ed...If you go into your menu options in your camera..you'll see the sharpness meny ..you can adjust it a couple of bars but not too much though since the edges becomes blurry... Cheers!

Akinola Williams
September 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Hi Kren! Tried it on sunday...was pleased! thanks for the tip! do you use a steadicam for creative shots?

David Stoneburner
September 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Nice job. All I have to say is that was one heck of a party for a 1 year old. I wonder what they'll do when she turns 16 :)

Kren Barnes
October 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Kren! Tried it on sunday...was pleased! thanks for the tip! do you use a steadicam for creative shots?

Thanks Akinola..yes we use a steadicam but not with this camera, we have a smaller Sony SR11 that we use for gliding shots

Cheers

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com (http://www.verticalvideoworks.ca)

Kren Barnes
October 7th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Nice job. All I have to say is that was one heck of a party for a 1 year old. I wonder what they'll do when she turns 16 :)

Its a Filipino thing :) Usually its the 1st, 7th, 18th (girl) birthdays that we celebrate with a big party...Some of the 18th birthdays we used to film are even more glamourous and fancier than half of the weddings we do.. we filmed a 1st birthday once that cost $10,000+ !!

Cheers

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com (http://www.verticalvideoworks.ca)

David Stoneburner
October 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Wow, I didn't know that. I was in the military and also a military brat, so I love traveling and finding out more about other cultures. I've spent time in Europe, but never Asia yet, so this another cool thing I've learned. Thanks and again nice job.