View Full Version : Used Canon XL1S Price

Danial Foster
May 25th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Hey all,

Having come into some money I'm looking to upgrade my trusty XL1S to either the XHA1S or the XLH1A, depending on me working out my priorities.

As a result I'm wanting to offload my XL1S to generate a little bit of cash for other equipment I'm getting (but that's a whole other story).

I've got the XL1S complete with all the accessories from the original box (and the box itself come to think of it), the MA-200 Dual XLR Adapter/Shoulder Pad, and the Canon HC-3100 Aluminium System Case to go with it.

Given it's obsoleteness, what do you think is a realistic price that I could get for this?

I fired off an email to H Prestons, given their "Wanted - all video equipment - good prices paid" ad, to see what they'd offer - they replied asking if they could offer a trade-in price. Given that they don't have either of the cameras I'm looking for on their site, I stated which cameras they were and whether they could give me a standalone price for the XL1S anyway. They didn't reply.

I have noticed that they do have a used XL1S for sale on their site already - the bog standard kit with an additional battery charger - for £1,400. Not quite convinced about that price though....

Had a glance at prices on eBay (though don't want to sell on there) and I doubt if I'd be able to get more than £700-800 for it, but I'm certainly not an expert so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!