View Full Version : Burn disc unenabled

Dale Guthormsen
May 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Well, when it rains it pours.

I have a project finished, I marked the in and out points on the timeline, went to print and the burn to disc button is not highlighted.

I closed out, made a test project and followed the procedure and still no highlighted burn to disc.

I went to print to file and am rendering it to hq standard and moving it to vegas, but I would like to have edius working correctly.

will I have to re install edius??

Thanks

Ted Ramasola
May 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM
print to disc appears only when the preset settings you chose are "dvd compliant."

Thus, after editing , you either go to project settings, change to a preset like SD 720x480 60i. or if that preset is not selectable in the current settings you are using, start a new project thats dvd compliant, and import the sequence from your previous project.

Dale Guthormsen
May 30th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Ted,

thank you so much! I will check that out, makes sense!!! Also seems I read that once before now that you mention it!! Wish I had a better memory!!

UPDATE
Sense I shot it in 30 P I had it set to that, blu ray has to be interlaced, hence the disabling!!! so you shoot 30 P and it will render it to INt for the blu ray, nice and simple.

this is my second big project using edius as the base editor, always a lot of similar stuff done slightly differently!!

I will say this I can edit faster on this program without issues than any program I have used, it is pretty awesome in that regard!!!

Thanks again!!!

Ted Ramasola
May 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Your welcome Dale,

Its one stable NLE. Been using it for a while.

Good luck.

Ervin Farkas
May 31st, 2010, 07:49 AM
You can stay progressive, but you have to either downscale to 1280x720 pixels (30 fps) or leave it 1920x1080P but throw away six frames per second and go 24 fps.

Google up the BR specs for more info.