View Full Version : GZ-HD7U Warm Up

Stephen Maat
June 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I have a HD7U camera that takes several minutes to warm up before I can start recording video, or even see something in the view finder.

Once the unit has been on a while I can turn it off then back on and there is no delay - its just when the camera has been off for a while that I have this issue.

Is this normal? I have used other consumer cameras that are ready to record almost immediately after powering on.

Stephen Maat
June 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
No one? I've tried an email to JVC Tech Support as well but no response there either.

Have not had the time to make a call yet.

Marty Mulholland
June 22nd, 2010, 05:40 AM
i don't think that is normal, mine is ready to go after about 5-10 seconds tops

Stephen Maat
June 23rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the input. I just wasnt sure as I had never used a hard drive camera before. Thought it might have something to do with getting the drives up to speed...

I guess I need to look at getting it serviced.

John Nantz
July 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Just did a test using my iPhone as a stopwatch as follows:
Opened up the side screen
Turned on camera and started stopwatch
The "Enviro" portion kicked on and then the message "Select the desired mode" came up
Hit the "Select Play/Record" button and then the thumbnails for the video clips came on.

The whole process to this point was ~ 6 to 7 seconds.

Could it be that the hard drive needs to be defragged???

Or are there a lot of files on it that could slow it down?

Stephen Maat
July 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Think I tried formatting the HD already. Will try again when I get home.

Kaushik Parmar
July 26th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Just did a test using my iPhone as a stopwatch as follows:
Opened up the side screen
Turned on camera and started stopwatch
The "Enviro" portion kicked on and then the message "Select the desired mode" came up
Hit the "Select Play/Record" button and then the thumbnails for the video clips came on.

The whole process to this point was ~ 6 to 7 seconds.

Could it be that the hard drive needs to be defragged???

Or are there a lot of files on it that could slow it down?

I guess you should do clean up your hard disk, not formating, you can say defragmenter of you HDD, it will keep your files.

I always do that.

And when you see the message "Select the desired mode" u can use zoom out or in button, no need to go in "Select Play" mode, just hold for second zoom button, and that symbol will be disappear!