View Full Version : FCP and Panasonic TM700K

Wendell Frink
July 11th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Has anyone used a Mac with a Panasonic TM700K? I am thinking of purchasing this cam and am wondering if it would work good or if I need to use something like clipwrap.

Thanks
Wendell Frink

Robert Lane
July 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM
If you use the native 1080/60p mode then you'll have to use ClipWrap for FCP (FCE cannot talk to 60p footage period). Premier Pro CS5 can talk to all forms of TM700/HS700 footage but requires rendering in the timeline for real-time previews. Avid for Mac is also supposed to talk to TM700 clips @ 1080/60p but my copy of version 5 hasn't arrived yet so I'm waiting to test it.

I just finished shooting a spot on the TM700 this weekend and will cut it entirely either on FCP or PP; I'll post a link to the finished clip when it's done.

Beware that the TM700 *only* shoot true progressive when in 1080/60p mode; if you shoot in "digital cinema" mode it actually frame-doubles interlaced footage, similar in-camera trickery that Canon used to do with "Frame mode" to simulate progressive footage. It looks way better than Canon's Frame mode but nowhere near as good as true 1080/60p.