View Full Version : Sequence Settings, Jpegs & Motion?

Alex Hawt
August 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Does anyone here know the best sequence settings for a high quality jpeg slide show. I will be adding ken burns effect type motion the the images. The jpegs are large and high res. I would like my output to be 1080p.

What would be the best codec to use in the sequence settings for a project that only has jpegs with motion applied?

Dave Partington
August 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM
What is the target playback device ? Blu-ray? Computer? Projector?

Alex Hawt
August 6th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Target playback device will be computer however the video might go on dvd. Im trying to figure out which Codec/SequenceSettings to use to edit the jpegs in FCP to export an uncompressed high quality master copy. I can convert the master copy later to suit whatever i end up using it for.

Dave Partington
August 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Then what's wrong with ProRes 422?

Alex Hawt
August 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM
ill give it a try

Shaun Roemich
August 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Another vote for ProRes IF (and this is a STRONG IF...) the playback computer will be a Mac with Final Cut installed. ProRes is NOT a ubiquitous codec.

Nigel Barker
August 7th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Another vote for ProRes IF (and this is a STRONG IF...) the playback computer will be a Mac with Final Cut installed. ProRes is NOT a ubiquitous codec.ProRes would be the recommendation for the sequence settings i.e. what you edit in. I imagine that as the target is a computer that the output CODEC to use would be H.264 or similar.