View Full Version : final cut render issue.

craig veasey
August 8th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

This problem has recently started and I'm stuck as to what it is and how to fix it so any help would be greatly received.

Footage is all good in final cut so I open a clip in motion and do a bit of editing and save.. Back into final cut and in the canvas and viewer all looks good until i render it. Once rendered I get a black band running down the right hand side as though the clip has been cropped. If I double click the motn file it opens in the viewer looking fine so I cant understand it.. This ones doing my head in so I'm hoping for some help from people more experienced.

Cheers
Craig

Dave Partington
August 8th, 2010, 02:35 PM
What did you do to it in motion, i.e. effects / behaviours?

craig veasey
August 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Just added some text across the bottom with something like a fly-in behaviour. Nothing major at all.

Dave Partington
August 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hmmm.....

As a quick workaround, have you tried not including the video in the motion output then layering the motion graphics on top of the video in FCP? That way there is no chance of motion effecting the clip in FCP.

Chris Korrow
August 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
A work around till you get if sorted out, could be to open up the motion file, delete the video so it's just the type & bring that into FC & layer it over the clip

Chris Korrow
August 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hey Dave, Guess great minds work alike and at the same time.

craig veasey
August 9th, 2010, 03:05 AM
No I havent tried what you've suggested but I will tonight when i get in.. If it works then great but is there a way to fix this permanelty?

Cheers..

Chris Korrow
August 9th, 2010, 07:33 AM
There are a few things to help as far as isolating the problem. First is what are your settings. If your working in HDV, are the settings in motion the same?

Try making another sequence in FC & bring the clip into it & render, & see if you get the same thing.

If you were to call Apple care, the first thing that they would ask is what version of FCS, what OS, QT & machine, so it's always good to add that info.