View Full Version : stacking footage to increase light?

Owen Meek
July 26th, 2005, 06:10 PM
i've read about this somewhere but cant find it, can someone please be kind inough to give me a link or tell me how this is done?

stacking multiple video footage in vegas does not give this effect, how is it done???

i know this is possible to do with photo's with program "image stacker" what would be the video equivalent of that?

thanking in advance.

owen,

K. Forman
July 26th, 2005, 06:23 PM
In both Premiere and Photoshop, I have placed a copy over the original, and set the copy to screen. You then adjust opacity and brightness, etc. This helps quite a bit in some cases.

Owen Meek
July 26th, 2005, 07:19 PM
hi keith, thanks for your help, im from melbourne too. :)

how is this possible in "photoshop"? you placed a copy of the video in photoshop?

i will try downloading a demo of premiere to see the effect, in the meantime i'll try and figure out how to acheive this in sony vegas.

sony vegas anyone?

thanks again keith. :)

K. Forman
July 26th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I was using Photoshop as a method for still photos, but I tried it in Premiere and had the same results with video. You may be able to do this in vegas, if it allows AB editing.

OR... You could possibly export the clip as a flm strip, and work on it in Photoshop.

Glenn Chan
July 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Vegas:
Crtl-drag the clip onto an upper video track, or right click the video track (leftmost column) and select duplicate.

Set compositing mode to screen or whatever.

Read up on parent/child relationships... this will isolate the effect to particular tracks. It's called "compositing modes" in the manual I believe.

OR

Add the color corrector filter.
Increase gamma.

OR

Play around with color curves filter, which does something different.

Owen Meek
July 27th, 2005, 02:11 AM
thank you Glen & Keith, got it working.

im a bit slow updare, all synced in fine thanks guys.

take care.

Neil Fisher
July 27th, 2005, 09:48 AM
i figured this out by mistake a long time ago. the most useful part is the audio, stacking audio layers makes it louder. helpful it you used manual levels and forgot about them.