View Full Version : Best method to import files from CF?

Eric Feinstein
December 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Is it better to import the files with the card in the MRC1K through the firewire port using the supplied software or without the supplied software OR is it just as good to put the CF card in my card reader and import them that way? TIA Eric

Adam Gold
December 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I use an external FW800 reader. Fast and foolproof. I use the supplied ru_util software as we are always joining long files. But if you don't need that it's much faster without.

Lee Mullen
December 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I just use the card reader on my PC. Works a treat but I have thought about buying a Sony MRW62E card reader.

Alin Avramoni
January 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM
There is a risk to have data corrupted if you transfer data using CF reader. There might appear compatibility issues between the card and reader. I personally recommend to use same brand for the cards and reader, and use MRC1K for transfer data.

Philip Howells
January 11th, 2011, 02:00 AM
I've had one problem using a FW800 reader but not a USB2 - provided you use the supplied software. I think the FW800 problem was due to flaky Belkin connector card - research showed that the supplied software was completely wrong. Bad choice of supplier - they're now on our blacklist.