View Full Version : New firmware release DN-60

Ras Dashn
February 4th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Date: 11'01'31 Version: R111 Board: Main PCB ChipLocation: U2
Note:
Bug Fix:
1. Fix NTFS file length miss calculation in NTFS directory
2. Add error handling when eject CF card in the middle of play or record
3. reduce pre-trigger record buffer to prevent buffer overflow during pre-trigger recording
4. Prevention for protential incorrect file system update when there's power failure during recording
5. Fixed occasional unexpected interrupt in the middle of make media file process
6. Fixed endless process running when execute:
a. Empty Current Bin
b. Upgrade Firmware
without CF card inserted
7. Fixed record issue when try to record several times within same BIN with Z1 in HDV mode
8. No record pause allow when reach to 99 clips
9. Can't record to a Bin consist 99 clips
10. Fixed incorrect Quicktime essence data length ("mdate") in NTFS
11. Fixed possible signal loss when doing "Record on Power Up"
New & Change:
1. Bin centric and Clip centric play modes:
User can select desired play mode to play all the clips in sequence within a Bin. (Bin centric)
Or play single clip at a time. (Clip centric)
2. DV Hidden Mode:
This is feature made for HS-550 to avoid connectivity issue happen
when connect both HS-550 and DN-60 to PC or Mac.
Date: 11'01'31 Version: R11 Board: Main PCB ChipLocation: U8
Note:
1. Remove "Nimh-2" from battery type selection
2. Add menu selection for “Set Play Mode” (Bin centric or Clip centric)
3. Add menu selection for “DV Hidden Mode” (for HS-550)

Datavideo Technologies Co., Ltd..Service WEB Site (http://www.datavideo-service.com/technical/main.php)

I have tried firmware upgrade its failed. I never had problem with older version firmware upgrade.

Greg Clark
February 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was just going to purchase one. Keep us informed if you solve the problem.

Ken Wozniak
February 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Firmware update failed for me, too. I hope this gets solved, because I really would like the "bin play" option.

Greg Clark
February 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Ken did the firmware update failure stop your DN-60 from working?
Unless someone can come up with a solution I will have to purchase an alternative.

Gavin Owens
February 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hello there,
I just managed to update the firmware without problem.

Follow the instructions as shown in the manual
Copy the "DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.bin" file to the CF card
When that is copied to the CF card then change the name of the file to "flash.bin"
Insert the card into the DN-60 and go through the usual upgrade process.

I tried to do it with the other .bin file (DN60_U2_v1_11_ROM.bin) but it kept on failing...

I wonder why that .bin file is there???

Hope this helps

Best

Gavin

Ras Dashn
February 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I did as instruction, it is failed. Somebody from DataVideo should be give us solution.

Without clear instruction all three files to upgrade firmware not good.

DN60_U2_v1_11_ROM.bin
DN60_U8_v11_ROM.hex
DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.bin

I have tried DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.flash its failed.

Ken Wozniak
February 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Ken did the firmware update failure stop your DN-60 from working?
Unless someone can come up with a solution I will have to purchase an alternative.

No, the failed update does not disable the device.

The error message comes immediately upon trying to perform the update, so it actually never starts. In my opinion, it seems the DN60 doesn't recognize the file as a legitimate firmware file.

I've not yet been disappointed with my purchase of the DN60.

Ken Wozniak
February 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hello there,
...change the name of the file to "flash.bin"...
Gavin

In the past, didn't updates require changing the file name to "flash" without the ".bin" extension?

Gavin Owens
February 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM
you need the .bin extension for it to be seen.

I had no problems upgrading so I don't see why others are.....

I agree, someone from Datavideo should chime in with an explaination

Ras Dashn
February 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Gavin could you explain me how do you write down the extension?

Here I have tried as instruction which I did an older version upgrade firm ware successful.

DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.flash /bin should be replace with flash/

Ken Wozniak
February 10th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I was finally able to get the update to go through by following your steps. Thanks for the help, Gavin.
Problem is, the firmware update disables playback from the DN-60.

Old clips (prior to firmware update) wouldn't play. I formatted another card and captured new clips. The new clips would not play back, either. Both bin centric and clip centric playback modes experienced the problem. Bummer.

Fortunately, I was able to flash the firmware back to the previous rev. Datavideo doesn't include the DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.bin firmware on their official DN-60 support page, so that probably means it's not quite ready for primetime.

I am anxiously awaiting a final firmware that adds bin centric playback. Hopefully, soon.

Ras Dashn
February 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I updated successufl. Which is not as instruction. I misunderstood Gavin explanation.

Here what I did:

Copy to your CF card : DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade.bin REPLACE flash.bin
Instead of DN60_v1_11_CF_upgrade replace flash

If it helps

Ras Dashn
February 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ken

My old clips (prior to firmware update) played well.
bin centric and clip centric playback modes properly working for me.

I used SanDisk Extreme CF 60MB/s 32GB

Removed "Nimh-2" from battery type selection as well.

Ken Wozniak
February 11th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend. I have Transcend 400x 32GB and a Pretec 567x 64GB cards. Neither one would work with playback. I tried NTFS and FAT32 with both. When I rolled the firmware back, playback worked.

Greg Clark
February 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Any update if the latest firmware works?

G. Randy Brown
February 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
You'l need too name the file "flash.bin" (remove quotes) and it works.
I struggled trying to figure out why my new DN-60 would sometimes record and sometimes not (I'm not a fan of the manual) and finally discovered that after switching the unit off it wouldn't record into a bin that already had clips in it. If I switched to another bin no problem. I installed the new firmware and the issue is gone....unless it loses power (no batteries or unplug power cord) and then it's back to the same issue.
Randy

Ras Dashn
February 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend. I have Transcend 400x 32GB and a Pretec 567x 64GB cards. Neither one would work with playback. I tried NTFS and FAT32 with both. When I rolled the firmware back, playback worked.

Ken you right, My old clips SD files (prior to firmware update) played well. not HD
Bin centric and clip centric playback modes wouldn't play HD files. SD files playback bin centric and clip centric play properly.

Here Link New Upgrade Firmware: Result HD playback wouldn't play.
DN-60 DV/HDV Field Recorder (http://www.datavideo.us/products/players-recorders/dn-60-dv-hdv-solid-state-cf-card-recorder.html)

Ken Wozniak
February 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I tried the firmware update again, and it will not play back HD video. I have not tried SD video, because I don't shoot SD anymore. HD clips transferred and played fine on my PC.

Regardless, rolling the firmware back restored full functionality. I'll just wait until Datavideo finishes polishing the new firmware release.

Ken Wozniak
February 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I found a new link for the latest firmware:
http://www.datavideo.us/files/DN-60_2011_01_31.zip
Although this shows up as the same firmware revision as the one linked in Ras Dashn's original post on this topic, it unzips with fewer files than the one Ras links to.

This zip file also contains different instructions for installing the firmware. No file renaming is necessary:

1.Empty the current or all bins
The DN-60 is primarily a capture device, as opposed to an archiving device, and it is best to start out with a fresh CF card. Emptying (erasing) ALL bins will not only clear the CF card at once but it will also conveniently reset the file system.

2.Updating the Firmware
To update the DN-60’s firmware, take a CF card that has undergone the MAKE MEDIA FILES process with FAT-32 file system option selected, and then connect it to your computer via a CF card reader. Copy the firmware update file to the root directory, level where all bin folders appear, the file is named flash.bin. Next, insert the CF card in the DN-60 and Go to TOOLS MENU and select the UPGRADE FIRMWARE option and follow the instructions.

WARNING: Once the ERASE FLASH option has been selected, DO NOT turn power off until the firmware has been updated. If the update is prematurely ended the recorder will be made inoperable.

Following the instructions, I am now able to get bin-centric playback of my media files! All is not perfect, however. There is a gap between clips when played back in bin-centric mode, and the "green frame" is still there at the end of each clip. Bummer. This, of course, is with HDV footage. I have not tried - nor do I intend to try - SD footage with the new firmware.

Alexandr Kucherenko
April 4th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Have a nice time of day, friends.
I had trouble - the U2 chip stopped working.
I do not have access to support.
But I have a programmer and a new microcircuit and knowledge for repair.
Help please with a copy of your U2 chip.
I'm also not sure about the correctness of the data in the microchrome V8.
If someone can send me a memory dump of V2 and V8, I'll be very grateful to you.
Sorry for my english, helps me google translator.