View Full Version : Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

Cameron Poole
February 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Okay I've just started, and the tutorial disk is very helpful but has overlooked something that maybe is an issue exclusive to my setup, and that is the fact that the four clips I have imported have a red line above them indicating that they need to be rendered.

Well, I've seen others using FCP and they only render when there is an effect or transition, not when simply placing clips in the timeline - so something isn't right.

Everything else is in accordance with the tutorial and the clips are all viewable.

Is it to do with my camera settings possibly, do they need to be somehow in synch?

William Hohauser
February 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
It means that you are importing a codec that is not playable in the timeline, on your computer, without rendering. Are these files from a DSLR? Those should be imported with Log and Transfer or using a third party program.

Cameron Poole
February 13th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Hi William, thanks for your prompt reply.

I am using files from an AVCHD (Panasonic AG-HMC152) which were not even compatible with Quicktime or iMovie HD until I downloaded Wondershare Video Converter.

The files have now all been converted to .mov files, I think they were unreadable MTS files previously.

Should I import files directly from the camera into FCP?

William Hohauser
February 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM
If Log and Transfer recognizes the camera, then yes. Remember that Log and Transfer will convert the files into the ProRes codec which is very easy for the computer to work with but much larger in size than the original camera files, so expect your hard drive space to fill up quicker.

Phillip Palacios
February 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Okay I've just started, and the tutorial disk is very helpful but has overlooked something that maybe is an issue exclusive to my setup, and that is the fact that the four clips I have imported have a red line above them indicating that they need to be rendered.

Well, I've seen others using FCP and they only render when there is an effect or transition, not when simply placing clips in the timeline - so something isn't right.

Everything else is in accordance with the tutorial and the clips are all viewable.

Is it to do with my camera settings possibly, do they need to be somehow in synch?

Your title says "Beep beep beep" but then you say the clips are viewable. Do they play back in the timeline with the beeping? if so, you have an audio mismatch. Try making a new sequence, then insert a clip on it. let FCP change the sequence to match the clip.
p