View Full Version : Timelines and HD SD mixes???

Ian Withnall
February 17th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Hi People,

I have a little problem in that I have a Doco with a mix of SD digital Betacam that is captured at full 1:1 720x576 10 Bit 422 SD. And a lot of material from a 7D brought in at Prores 422 native 1080x1920 25P.

I have been editing this on a sequence that I think is the best of both worlds which is prores HD 1080x1920 50i. The reasoning that I thought it best to upconvert the SD without making it progressive and also to make the progressive material interlaced without having to down convert it. And to be honest it looks great! Have rendered and played it out and at HD level I am very happy with the results!

BUT. I was wondering how I get my clips off the HD timeline and onto an SD uncompressed timeline.... I have tried cutting and pasting the clips and as I thought they are being brought across in the settings of the previous timeline and are way out of render and generally unhappy!

The only reason I am doing this is as a test to see if the canon material down converts happily or if I just send out my HDCam material and say it's HD cam but is really SD and .... You get the idea.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

William Hohauser
February 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Make an HD ProRes QuickTIme movie and convert it to SD using Compressor. There are various recipes for doing this on this forum.