View Full Version : Blu-ray disk folder or disk image in Encore CS5

Kelly Huffaker
March 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
So ive been ripping my hair out on this project. Ive finished editing a large wedding and transcoded the clips with AME h.264 for Bluray preset. The whole project totaled 38GB which is fine cause i have dual layer Bluray discs. Everytime I export using Disc Image option, I encounter the Error 25 code which means i sufficient hard drive space. Which is NOT the case cause I have over 300GB of extra space. Ive googled this issue and apparently its a bug with CS5 and the fix is to export a Bluray Folder instead of Image. Is there any advantage to an exported Disk Image over Disk Folder?? They both can be burned on to blurays using 3rd party software...

Peter Manojlovic
March 17th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Yes Kelley..
They can both be burned with third party softwares...
I personally like using ISO's, because it's a single file (rather than a whole bunch of folder structure), and I can mount it as a virtual drive, meaning that the ISO is treated as a drive letter...

Makes for safe reliable burns.
It's a shame about the bug...

Taky Cheung
March 18th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I always use ImgBurn to burn DVD and BLuray. Never done BluRay dual layer but for DVD DL, there is always a tricky point to where to layer split took place. ImgBurn is very good at spliting the layer point.

So just have encore output to Folder, and use ImgBurn to burn the BD.