View Full Version : encore cs4 dissapears on blu ray project

Shaun Desouza
May 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm using Encore cs4 on my pc

I try a BluRay Project, strange things happen.

I have successfully done 2 bluray projects but had problems loading the encoded file from Prem. Sometimes they loaded, other times not. When they did eventually load, everything was OK.

Now, when I try to load the same encoded file from Prem, either Encore takes forever to load it and finally gives up at a 49 % section and is unresponsive total crash, or, it just disappears from the screen altogether.

again, Encore just disappeared....

The files play OK , so I'm assuming that the files themselves are OK.

Anyone any ideas as I've tried everything I can think of (defrag, delete temp files, empty media cache)

my blu rays are mpeg2 bluray and seperate audio files-1440 x 1080 ,vbr 1 pass, max 30mbps, quality 4 ntsc drop frame 29.97.

-do u also know a way to get the nice clean images from encore to bluray dvds- or is what I am doing good
enough.
dont get me wrong- the qualiy is nice already but always looking for better

Peter Manojlovic
May 1st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Firstly, Encore looks at the file and decides if it needs transcoding..In my case, it always does.
It's an issue that you might not have, but i do unfortunately.
Secondly, Encore takes your audio stream, and backs it up as a conformed audio file in your Media Cache folder, so that you can scrub the timeline, and have audio playback smoothly. This can be seen in the top right corner, by a yellow bar that shows "audio conforming".Seems that Encore never cared to have a native .AC3 decoder during playback.

I don't know what your wait times are like, but import, and grab a coffee..
Hope this helps..

edit:
I've re read your posting...
I suspect you've got something that Encore doesn't like in the encode.
Have you tried importing the sequence into Encore, and let it do the transcoding, rather than doing it through AME??

Shaun Desouza
May 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
hello,
what i did last night was to take the edited files i created(mpeg2 n .wav audio)...and again put them onto a premiere project.
then I asked them to export to another format mp4 with seperate wav. audio.
I got the files and made a bluray thru encore...walla...its looks great.
I think I just got lucky but wasted a lot of time.
succes was final.
I now have a 1.45 hour wedding reception on bluray.(DISC TWO)
The ceremony was (DISC ONE) which was 2 hours again with all the extra(getting ready,photos etc etc)...had no issue burning this the original way I do.
thanks again.

i got a nero version 10.5 HD bluray software tonite that i want to try too-wish me luck

Peter Manojlovic
May 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
I let Encore create an .ISO file, and then use ImgBurn to burn the ISO..
I guess you can use Nero to burn the .ISO file also....

I prefer using ISO files, because there's less clutter on my system...

Take care.