View Full Version : PMW-320 Viewfinder.

Anthony McErlean
May 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Is it just me but when i looked through the viewfinder of a PMW-320 to day, it gave me bother enough to focus on the subject.
I did adjust the viewfinder on the 320 to suite me btw but just couldn't get a good sharp image in the VFinder.
Granted, I only got to use the 320 for 10/15 mins so I didn't get long to play with it.

I have the Ex3 and I have no problem with the viewfinder on it at all.

Is the VF on the 320 different to the EX3.... or is it just me:)

Thanks in advance,

Sander Vreuls
May 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
I played with one on a PMW-350, and I had a lot of trouble focussing when doing quick actions in difficult light. On the camera's I used before that I never had a problem. It might just be a case of setting it up but even the focus assist function didn't help me in those situations..

Anthony McErlean
May 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks Sander,perhaps it does need setting up.
The EX3 viewfinder is first class and hope this one is as good.

Thanks.

Luc De Wandel
June 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM
The viewfinder on de 320 is exactly the same as the one on the EX3, so they should be both as good - or as bad. Focusing in HD is always a problem. Even with the superb B&W viewfinder that I use on the PMW500 that I have borrowed now, focusing can be a real challenge. For the short time I checked an EX3, the coloured peaking (especially blue) helped a lot. And of course, you have to adjust the ocular exactly to your eye's vision.

Anthony McErlean
June 9th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Is the VF on the 320 different to the EX3.... or is it just me:)

Thanks in advance,

I was just me, now that I have the 320 I have no problem focusing.

Thanks all.

Simon Glidewell
June 26th, 2011, 04:13 AM
I've had no problems focussing ours - it's very sharp. One thing that would be nice though would be TV safe
markings as I've noticed cut off on TV screens that wasn't there in the viewfinder. I don't suppose there's a menu setting to add these?

Cheers
Simon

Alister Chapman
June 26th, 2011, 04:20 AM
You can add safe area markers and frame guides in the VF menu.

Simon Glidewell
June 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks Alister.