View Full Version : JVC GY HM 100 U focus problem

Chiara Frisone
May 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hello. I'd like to know if anyone else has ever had the same problem with their JVC.

I have a JVC HM 100 U. I have attached a wide angle converter (not JVC, another brand) and since it's been a nightmare. When I take the wide angle adapter off, the camera does not focus. It refuses to focus. Then I put the adapter back on and magically, it focuses again.

I've noticed that without the wide angle converter on the image is 'bent' as if the camera is still looking through the wide angle.

Now, please don't tell me to re-set the camera, switch off the tele-converter option, take the battery off and switch the ring to manual focus or switch the camera to full manual as I have done ALL of these things. I have in fact tried everything that i could ever try.

Has anyone had the same issues?

Thanks Chiara

Finnur Bardarson
May 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Most bizarre behavior I have heard off. This must be an issue for JVC engineers

Tracy Foust
May 11th, 2011, 03:17 PM
The same thing happened to me. But it was a matter of "operator malfunction". The lens I put on had a poorly attached ring. While I had thought I removed the lens, the ring remained on the camera with part of the glss from the lens. It was only after I got back form the event that I looked closely at the camera did I realize that part of the attachment lens was still on the camera. I still get red in the face thinking about it. SHEESH.... How dumb of me.!